Capellagården is looking for
destinations and courses
We are looking for a business developer for our destination and our summer courses at Capellagården and now hope that you will become our new colleague!
Who are we?
Capellagården is a school for crafts and creative work. We run five full-time courses during autumn and spring as well as shorter weekend courses and a number of wonderful summer courses. The destination is most intensive during the summer and then consists of summer courses, a garden cafe, craft shop, nursery, exhibitions, workshops for both children and adults and an open garden with cultivations. During the summer, we offer accommodation with full board for the participants in our courses.
The school was founded by Carl and Siv Malmsten in 1960, and their philosophy of "putting hand and spirit into creative collaboration" still lives on today.
The school's course activities and visitor destinations have grown in recent years, and we are today one of Öland's major visitor destinations during the summer season. We are now looking for you who are interested in developing Capellagården's visitor destination and taking operational responsibility for our shorter weekend courses and summer courses based on the spirit of the place.
The position is full-time during the summer season, but the average position corresponds to approx. 40 % over the whole year. Working hours vary from day/evening/weekend.
Who are you?
You know Capellagården and want to contribute to the school's development. It's a dynamic business and that means you need to be social, accommodating, responsive and flexible. We would like you to have relevant education or equivalent experience in project management, business development. Experience of visits/ service/ tourism preferably from creative and cultural activities.
The area of responsibility included in the service includes, among other things,
- The course activities, administration and planning of it, i.e. you need to be structured and confident in handling digital tools, ongoing emails and ongoing cases.
- Ongoing contact and service towards participants, course leaders and assistants.
- Collaborate and facilitate course leaders in terms of workshop/course room and materials.
- Confidence in managing seasonal employees in the course activities and the destination.
- You are responsible for hosting and are available to find good solutions to challenges when the business is running, such as the shop, kitchen and cafe.
- Development of new concepts in the destination that follow the spirit of the place, such as guided tours, workshops, conversation evenings, etc.
You are part of a work team together with other staff at the school where we have close dialogue and a helpful work culture. In the first year, the focus of the position will be on managing and taking over existing tasks, after that there are opportunities to contribute to the development of the business and thus the content and size of the position.
- City: Vickleby on Öland
- Employment rate: 40 % (100% during the summer, the rest distributed over the year)
- Form of employment: permanent position with a 6-month probationary period
- Start: February 2024
- Apply by: 3 December 2023
- Collective agreement: Employers' Alliance
Read more about Capellagården here at www.capellagarden.se
If you have any questions about the position, contact Rector Camilla Bäckman Pontén
firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone: 0703613267
Send in your CV and a personal letter email@example.com no later than 3 December 2023. Applications are only accepted by email.
The establishment of this service is part of our business development for the coming years.